Cosmic Spoon - ramblings of a modern day psychic

Monday, May 31, 2010

Games, virual worlds and Remote Viewing.

“Playing video games before bedtime may give people an unusual level of awareness and control in their dreams, LiveScience has learned.”
"If you're spending hours a day in a virtual reality, if nothing else it's practice," said Jayne Gackenbach, a psychologist at Grant MacEwan University in Canada. "Gamers are used to controlling their game environments, so that can translate into dreams."
Source:

As long time Remote Viewer and an avid FPS gamer I too have noticed similar effects within my remote viewing. I have noticed that I can within remote viewing make the same movements when navigating around virtual game worlds as I can within my remote viewing world as the internal mechanism tries to recreate a virtual representation of the remote target in my mind.

When playing these games its very, very easy to become totally absorbed in the created worlds. I’m not a person sat in a chair watching a screen. I am in the world – immersed in the environments.

In Modern Warefare 2 - I am the sniper, hidden in the grass – watching it sway in the wind before my eyes, rain coming down all around me. I can sense and feel the world around me. My surround sound headphones let me hear the distant sounds of gunfire, footsteps and the sound of nature. The world feels real. So real that it is a shift of reality to bring a gamer out of a state back into the real world.

It may just be as this study seems to indicate – time spent in virtual worlds- may also translate into other realms that humans use where virtual worlds are created – like remote viewing.

Like I said its only my opinion and experience but the remote viewing and the gaming immersion experience are identical in feel to me, both as real and both allowing me to move and experience new virtual worlds in new ways.

So if you are a remote viewing also give gaming a trial – It will help.

All the best...

Daz

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home